Welcome to Quest Bible Institute and Seminary where solid biblical education and an emphasis on personal spiritual development go hand in hand, where learning the Bible is an adventure, a journey, and a real life-long quest.
I want to personally thank you for your interest in Quest Bible Institute and Seminary.
I am so excited that we are able to offer you such a wonderful opportunity to learn at affordable prices. We have assembled a very capable group of teachers with international experience to lead, equip and challenge you to excel in your understanding of Christ and the times in which we live.
We are not interested in promoting an individual doctrine or creed, rather our focus is simply Christ. You will be what makes this experience complete as you share with those in your class and your life experience and understanding.
May God bless you as you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
David K. Payne
Senior Pastor, The Church at Covington
Chancellor, Quest Bible Institute
Our Name is Our Vision
Quest Bible Institute and Seminary's name was born out of a fascination with the powerful meaning of the word, 'quest'. It seemed to the institution's leadership that it was a name whose meanings reflected the vision and passion of the school.
Definition of QUEST
- An act or instance of seeking; to pursuit, search, inquire, or explore
- The final end of a search; objective, destination, target, goal or purpose
- A type of journey or mission involving risk, adventure and reward.
Definition of BIBLE (inspiration of)
The Bible is a genuinely human product, but one whose creation was superintended by the Holy Spirit, preserving the authors' works from error without eliminating their specific concerns, situation, or style. This divine involvement allowed the biblical writers to communicate without corruption God's own message both to the immediate recipients of the writings and to those who would come after. Some have labelled this view as "verbal, plenary inspiration". We hold this is true of the original manuscripts by which each word (not only the overarching ideas or concepts) was meaningfully chosen under the superintendence of God.
Definition of INSTITUTION
- a significant practice, relationship, or organization in a society or culture
- an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, especially one of a public, educational, or charitable character.
You may now understand why our name is so meaningful to the faculty, staff and administration. Each one of us is on a life journey and ministry mission which has all of the exciting elements of an adventure. We have learned a few things from the Bible along the way that we are passionate to share with our students on their journeys. We aspire to give them tools and skills that will aid them in pressing towards their objectives both in life and the ministry. And best of all we can do this in a community of learners building significant relationships during the course of study.
Again, welcome to Quest Bible Institute and Seminary!
Our Purposes and Goals
Quest Bible Institute and Seminary seeks to achieve the following goals:
- To instill a comprehensive, consistent and coherent Christian worldview
- To instill a comprehensive knowledge of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments and an understanding of Christian history and doctrine
- To cultivate Christian living and discipleship through a variety of learning experiences and personal interactions
- To impart a strategic missionary vision and dedication to worldwide service
- To involve students in executing "The Great Commission" and enable them to employ a variety of evangelistic methods
- To foster a compassionate response to legitimate social needs in attitude and action
- To develop skills in applying biblical principles to both practical and perplexing life situations
- To develop qualities of leadership such as integrity, initiative, tenacity and sensitivity
Our Christian Educational Philosophy
Quest Bible Institute and Seminary is facing the challenges of our new millennium with dynamic Christian educational strategies; among which are instilling a coherent, comprehensive, and consistent Christian worldview as well creating biblically literate, culturally aware, and theologically astute students.
The curricular offerings (courses) of QBIS are constructed on the foundation of the Bible. QBIS contends for the Bible in its original manuscripts as the inspired, inerrant and and authoritative Word of God. The Bible, therefore, is the integrating factor of the total curriculum. The study of the Bible is deemed the most important discipline for all students, and our students major in the application of Scripture to all of QBIS's courses.
QBIS administrators, faculty and staff labor with a vision to see student's lives conform more and more into the image of Christ Jesus and better equipped to be effective ministers of the Gospel.
Daniel Webster, American politician and noted orator, 1782-1852 -
“Education is useless without the Bible.”